I’m breaking away from my normal prophetic mode to do something I rarely do — share a personal observation.
The genesis for this post was born one morning in the shower — where all great ideas seem to emerge!
As I was washing my hair with cheap shampoo — labeled with some notion of being 100% natural — I decided to flip the bottle over and read the ingredients on the back. Needless to say, the fine print disclosed what I already knew in my heart.
There was nothing “natural” about the product I was using on my hair — only a long list chemical concoctions and artificial ingredients that I couldn’t even pronounce, much less identify.
And that’s when it hit me … we are being systematically poisoned by chemicals.
Just think about it. Consider how many chemicals we are putting in or on our body throughout the course of each day. If you have never considered this before, allow me to put it into perspective. The average person will be exposed to countless chemicals every day. Let us count the ways.
- Brush my teeth with chemically ridden toothpaste (fluoride etc…) which seeps into my gums, followed by gargling more chemicals in the mouthwash. Don’t forget, I’m using the city water supply as well, which contains … you guessed it — more fluoride, chlorine, pesticides and fertilizers.
- Take a hot shower with that same chemically charged water supply, which again penetrates the skin, seeping into our body. Lather up with chemically composed soap and shampoo that compounds the chemical release into the body. So most of us have already had a heavy dose of these harmful substances before 7 am.
- Put on lotions or perfumes, body sprays and deodorants, which contain aluminum and other chemicals that also penetrate the skin and enter the blood stream.
- Ladies are putting on tons of makeup and concealers etc… that are also composed of chemical compounds.
- Shave with more chemicals in my name-brand shaving cream plus more contaminated water. Maybe slap on an aftershave chemical splash to boot.
- Get dressed with clothes that have been washed in chemically charged laundry detergent and whatever chemical fabric softeners we use.
- Although I try to be conscious about my diet and try to avoid processed and packaged foods, the average person will likely eat some form of highly processed, sugar-laden snack for breakfast (more chemicals) and wash it down with something along the lines of a Diet Mountain Dew, which contains one of the most harmful substances known to man – aspartame. Any cooking we may do, if not using a water filter, will be done with the same city water supply, releasing more chemicals into your food.
- Many cooking utensils and pots and pans release more harmful metals into our food and surely everyone has to admit that the traditional microwave meal in plastic containers cannot be good for us as it melts around our food.
- Plus, we just washed our dishes in detergent full of … yep more chemicals.
- Beyond that, even most of our fresh fruits and vegetables have been sprayed with harmful pesticides and other chemicals to preserve color or accelerate ripening. Not to mention the genetically modified foods we eat that have been infused with pest-resistant chemicals, such as the notorious RoundUp. It’s impossible to know what we are consuming if we don’t grow it ourselves.
- Most Americans are taking some form of medication, which may or may not be legitimate to treat our medical “conditions.” Big pharmaceutical companies are making billions of dollars each year on keeping us just sick enough to remain dependent on their drugs. Big Pharma has become specialized in treating symptoms as opposed to providing any real cures. And the question remains. Do we really know what we are putting into our bodies with these medications and how they affect us?
- Don’t forget to wipe down the counters with chemical cleaners before you go!
- Grab a bottled water for good conscience when you head out the door. Well, most bottled waters are nothing more than municipal tap water, and even spring water in a plastic bottle will be contaminated with traces of plastic.
- Pop a piece of gum into your mouth before arriving to the office and digest even more artificial ingredients.
- By lunch time it’s time to eat more processed food, or worse, fast-food, which is notorious for using artificial ingredients, margarine, hormones, dies, food coloring, high fructose corn syrup, and other harmful ingredients like monosodium glutamate etc… Wash it down with more soda, adding to the poison intake for the day.
- It’s flu season, so like a good citizen we head down to the clinic to grab a flu shot, not knowing that the vaccination solutions contain heavy metals and other harmful chemicals that contribute to the contamination of our bodies.
- Wash you hands with chemical soap throughout the day.
- Consume more chemically laden food and beverages throughout the day that have little to no nutritional value.
- How about cell-phone radiation and other radiation we are constantly being bombarded with in this digital world. Studies have shown for years that cellular radiation is linked to cancer and lowered testosterone in men.
- And notice that I haven’t even begun to mention the amount of contaminates we are inhaling through the air, whether purposefully or not. Smoking cigarettes and vaping chemicals are obviously the most dangerous forms of poison intake, but add to it the reality of chemical trails and other pollutants being released into the air, and it become clear that we rarely are breathing clean air.
Now before you classify me as a radical environmentalist or fringe conspiracy theorist, just stop and ask yourself, “is this a reasonable assessment of what we put in and on our bodies on a daily basis?” I think it is self-evident that chemicals are ubiquitous in the products we use everyday, and we all are being adversely affected by them.
This is not an exaggeration of the facts. If anything it could be an underestimation!
I do not have to align myself with the radical environmental lobby and climate change militia in order to exercise enough common sense to know that we are being systematically poisoned by chemicals.
We know that our society is plagued by auto immune diseases, chronic fatigue, low testosterone and sperm counts among men, ADHD, autism, mental fogginess, short-term memory loss, obesity, diabetes, and CANCER. It seems everywhere we turn we are growing sicker as a society.
It is not a stretch to draw some connection between the impurities and chemicals that we are putting in our bodies and this enormous explosion of sickness in our world today.
If you are like me, then maybe it is time we truly begin making necessary changes to our diets and hygiene that will eliminate the chemicals from our bodies so that we can actually feel what it is like to be healthy again.
There are many good websites out there that can help you get started on the road to healthy, chemical-free living. Here is one example — Young Living.